Effective date: March 20, 2020
Information We Collect on the Service:
• User-provided Information. When you use the Service, we may collect information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, credit card or other billing information or geographic area and we may link this information with other information about you. You may provide us with information in various ways on the Service. For example, you provide us with information when you register for an account, use the Service, make a purchase on the Service, or send us customer service-related requests.
• Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please review your web browser “Help" file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential. We may use third party cookies on our Service as well. For instance, we use may Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ regarding Google Analytics cookies]. Ceres does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our Site or who use our Service.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs" or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with other information about you.
• Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location, such as by use of GPS and other geolocation features in your device, or by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet).]
• Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners and advertisers.
How We Use the Information We Collect. We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
• We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Service.
• We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
• We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties.
When We Disclose Information. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose information about you that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
• Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
• We work with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process information about you as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
• We may disclose information about you if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
• We also reserve the right to disclose information about you that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
• Information about our users may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
• We may make certain aggregated, automatically-collected, or otherwise non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Service.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Service. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this policy. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Service.
Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
The Service may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Site is a general audience site not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot and do not guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to access the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
How to Contact Us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, information we have collected or otherwise obtained about you, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ceres Imaging, Inc.
360 22nd Street, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94611
Privacy Notice for California Consumers
The CCPA Privacy Notice applies only to individuals residing in the State of California who are considered “Consumers” under the CCPA and from whom we collect “Personal Information” as described in the CCPA (“Consumers”). For clarity, this CCPA Privacy Notice does not apply to data we collect from our employees, as we have a separate privacy notice for our employees for CCPA purposes.
Information We Collect
We may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of different situations, including, but not limited to on our website, your mobile device, through email, through the mail, and/or over the telephone. More specifically, we collect the following categories of Personal Information from our Consumers:
Examples of Personal Information Collected
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, physical characteristics or description, address, or telephone number.
Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Commercial information.
Records of real property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
D. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
E. Geolocation data.
Physical location or movements (on our app).
Personal information does not include deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or from information your computer or mobile device transmits when interacting with our website or mobile applications, among other things.
- From third parties, such as grower associations.
- From publicly available sources.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the Personal Information we collect from you or about you to do one or more of the following:
- To operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of our services, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the service.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve our service, and to research and develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties.
- To: (i) personalize our service, such as remembering information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the service; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the service and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the service.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To personalize your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, mobile applications, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA or subsequently agreed to by you.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Consumers is among the assets transferred.
How We Share Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose, including to our service providers.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Relevant recipients, including law enforcement or other governmental agencies, to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- To an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Commercial information.
Category D: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category E: Geolocation data.
Your Consumer Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides Consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, a list disclosing disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
In accordance with the CCPA, we may deny your deletion request under certain circumstances, and will inform you of the basis for the denial, which may include, but is not limited to, if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-888-704-9398
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information described above, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: 1-888-704-9398 OR Email: email@example.com
The difference between Ceres Imaging and other technologies I've used is the help I get from their expert team.
With Ceres Imaging we can take a more targeted approach to applying fertilizer and nutrients.
These flights can cover way more ground and provide more insight than a dozen soil moisture probes — and it's cheaper to implement.
The average Ceres Imaging conductance measurement from its imagery over the season has provided the best correlation with applied water.